What is Girls School?
Housed in the historical Old Perth Girls School building which operated as a school in East Perth from 1936 until 1962, Girls School is the cultural heart of East Perth and home to live performances, a winter cinema, delicious food and a delightful watering-hole.
You can read more about us here.
How do I contact you?
See this page for details.
Please note our office hours are 9am – 5pm weekdays, so we can only respond to queries during this time.
When does Girls School open?
Girls School will be open from April to host various events within our halls. Please note that we will be open to ticket holders only at this time.
Girls School Cinema will be open from 6 May – 31 October 2021.
How can I find out what’s on?
We will announce special events and Girls School Cinema film programs throughout the season.
Girls School Cinema tickets are on sale now.
Keep an eye on our website and social media to keep up to date!
Where can I find your terms and conditions?
You can read our terms and conditions here.
On The Night
How do I get to Girls School?
Girls School is located at 2 Wellington Street East Perth. Click here to learn how to get there.
What do I need to bring?
• Your Order Confirmation email is your ticket(s), which you can show on a smart phone.
• Girls School is an 18+ venue so please bring valid photo ID for entry.
• Girls School is a cashless venue that accepts card payment only.
• If you want to be extra cosy, you can always bring a blanket or rent one from the box office for just $10
• No need to bring chairs – we’ve got enough bean bags for everybody.
What time should I get there?
Events start at various times, look at your booking confirmation or the session page for the film start time.
Seating is not reserved so we recommend getting there as early as you can to choose your seat, check out the venue, toast some marshmallows over the fire, and enjoy the bar and delicious food.
Is seating reserved?
General seating is unreserved – it’s first come, first served. We can’t reserve seats prior to doors opening.
Premium Lounge has a reserved seating area, however you cannot reserve a specific beanbag prior to doors open.
How much do tickets cost?
Ticket prices vary between events. Please check the event listing for relevant ticket pricing for that event.
Girls School honours the Companion Card scheme. Head to our accessibility page for instructions on redeeming your complimentary companion ticket.
How do I buy tickets?
Follow the links from each event’s page in the program.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
The Girls School Box Office is open for door sales from doors open. Check the event listings for the day to find doors open time. Tickets are subject to availability, and relying on door sales may result in missing out.
Our events do sell out, so book online to ensure you get a spot!
Do you offer group booking packages?
Yes. For groups of 30 or more. See our Functions Package for further details, tickets can only be booked by contacting email@example.com
Can I buy tickets at the venue?
Yep – if the film has not sold out online. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Do you sell Gift Vouchers?
No. We do not sell gift vouchers but you can always gift someone tickets to their favourite film!
I can’t find my ticket, what do I do?
If you can’t find your order confirmation, don’t worry! Please still come to your session, the Box Office attendant will be able to let you into the venue if you can state the name on the ticket upon entry.
Exchanges and Refunds
Can I get an exchange or refund?
All bookings are final – we don’t refund or exchange tickets for a booking mistake or a change of mind. Please take care when booking to check you have the correct details. You are welcome to pass them on to friends or family.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to the venue. If you get in contact with us at least 8 hours prior to the session, we will issue you a credit voucher so that you can visit the venue at another time.
In the event of an event cancellation, you are entitled to a refund.
Read the Terms and Conditions for more information.
When will I receive my refund?
We will aim to process refunds within 14 business days. We apologise that during this busy time we are not able to process these any quicker and we thank you for your patience.
Girls School is an 18+ Venue
Girls School is a licensed venue and you may be asked for Photo valid ID to gain entry.
Minors will only be able to enter under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian or responsible adult and the accompanying adult must stay for the duration of the time at the venue.
Note that some events are restricted to over 18s only – look out for “Rated R” in the Rated section.
Always check the ‘Consumer Advice’ on each event page before purchasing a ticket as we cannot offer a refund when admission is refused by the venue.
What do you mean by responsible adult?
According to the Liquor Control Act, a responsible adult consists of the below:
• De Facto Partner
• Parent’s De Facto Partner
• Legal Guardian
• Other person in “loco parentis” (an individual who assumes parental status or responsibilities of another individual without formally adopting that person)
Girls School will also accept the following as a “responsible adult”:
• Siblings of the age 21 and over
• Cousins of the age 21 and over
• Parent of a Friend (parent accepting responsibility for care of another parent’s child)
We will not accept the following as a “responsible adult”:
• A partner of a minor (i.e. 20 year boyfriend for a 17 year old girlfriend)
• A friend (i.e. 21 year old friend for a 17 year old friend)
• Cousins or siblings under the age of 21
What proof of ID will I need for entry?
Click here to find out about acceptable identification for proof-of-age in Western Australia. Please note that international driver’s licences will not be accepted as valid forms of ID.
Can I bring my friend who is under 18?
Nope, sorry! Minors will only be able to enter under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
COVID Safe Venue
Last updated: 11/05/2021
We are keeping the Girls School community safe by following WA Health Guidelines, please do your part in return:
• Please do not attend your event if you are unwell. Get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 8 hours prior to your session time so we can arrange a credit voucher.
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19, been in close contact with someone who has or who has returned from interstate or overseas, please let us know and we will work with you to arrange a replacement ticket to another session at one of our cinemas.
• Please sanitise or wash your hands on arrival and departure.
• Please check in with the Safe WA app or manually register on arrival.
• Blankets are able to be hired for $10 if needed but BYO blankets for extra toastyness.
Girls School staff and management have all undertaken the mandatory COVID-19 Safety training and there is a COVID-19 Safety plan in place at the venue.
The following measures are being undertaken to ensure the safety of the community and Girls School staff:
• Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry
• Email addresses are collected during the ticket purchase process. In the event of an outbreak, ticket holders will be contacted.
• All surfaces through the building will be regularly cleaned and sanitised daily.
• Seating and bean bags will be regularly cleaned.
• Venue capacity limits as advised by the WA health department are in place.
Girls School is dedicated to creating the best possible experience for all visitors. The information on this page is provided for customers with accessibility requirements.
Do you accept Companion Cards?
We do! Visit our accessibility page for further information.
Do you screen Open Caption or Closed Caption films?
Yes! Select films at Girls School Cinema are screened with Open Captions. To see what is screening with Open Captions, head to our What’s On page. Films that are accompanied with Open Captions are labelled (Open Caption) in the film title.
Girls School Cinema does not host Closed Caption screenings.
What does Open Caption mean?
Open Captions (OC) are text with sound description displayed on the screen to allow all patrons to enjoy movies together.
You can read more on Open Captions at the Open Captions Australia website.
Food and Drink
What food and drink is available?
Please visit our food and beverage page here to see our menus.
Can I BYO food and alcohol?
As we’re a licensed venue, you cannot BYO alcohol. You’re not permitted to bring your own food into the venue, there are food and snacks available for purchase.